Tank Top Dress from Our Store with Free Shipping Worldwide
The tank top dress trend has been everywhere this summer. From work campaigns to Insta feeds, there’s seemingly no escape from these see-through tops that cover just enough skin to keep them from being improper.
Despite our initial misgivings about this new way of wearing a dress, we’ve all come to love it and are ready for more. However, it should be said that this is not just another passing trend like most others we’ve seen in recent summers. Tank top dresses are here to stay because they have so much potential.
Combining the best parts of both a top and a dress, they’re also super practical and easy to style in multiple ways that can work for almost any occasion. Keep reading for a breakdown of why the tank top dress trend won’t be going anywhere anytime soon!
The Rise of the Tank Top
Tank tops, like many other trends, have been around for a long time, but their popularity has seen a remarkable resurgence in the last few years. They have become very popular due to the fact that they work with a huge range of styles and can be worn in many different ways, depending on the user’s preferences.
First and foremost, they can be used as swimwear, which means they’re perfect for summer beach vacations. They also work great as sports tops and are perfect for yoga, Pilates, or any other fitness activities you might be doing. While you can use a tank top in any of these situations, there’s one area where they particularly excel: they’re an ideal choice as a layering piece.
When it comes to layering, tops are king. It’s much more common for women to layer their clothing than it is for men, which means that tops are often used to add warmth and style to outfits.
Brief History of the Tank Top
The tank top may be most popular today as a fashion trend, but it’s actually a very old piece of clothing. In fact, the tank top’s history dates back all the way to the 1930s, when it was worn by athletes and swimmers. In the 1930s, there was a big trend in men’s underwear of wearing shorts, shorter shorts.
Women also started wearing shorter shorts in the ’30s, but they also wore a special kind of shirt as underwear: the tank top. It was a sleeveless shirt that covered the torso and sometimes the upper arms.
Tank tops have continued to be popular as swimwear over the years and have become a mainstay in many people’s wardrobes. This is particularly true for millennials, who were exposed to them as young children and grew up with them as a staple.
3 Styling Strategies to Try Now
- The basic styling strategy for tank top dresses is to pair them with leggings. Depending on the occasion, you may also be able to wear a pair of shorts.
- For more formal occasions, you can pair tank top dresses with tights, a cardigan, or a blazer. This allows you to cover up the legs a bit so that your outfit is more appropriate for work or a formal event.
- For hot weather, you can choose strap-striped tank top dresses or pair other tank dresses with a pair of shorts or a long skirt.
Why the Tank Top Dress is here to Stay
The tank top dress originated from the tank top trend and is here to stay for a few key reasons.
- Firstly, the tank top dress is a much more practical option than wearing a standard dress. Traditional dresses are very delicate and easily worn, whereas tank tops are meant to be worn under other clothing and are built to last.
- Secondly, the tank top dress has several advantages over a regular tank top. While both pieces of clothing cover the torso and arms, a tank top dress allows the wearer to show off more skin.
- Additionally, tank top dresses can be worn by a wider range of people than regular tank tops. This is because they’re longer and have a skirt portion that helps to cover up any parts of the body that might otherwise be left exposed.
- Lastly, the tank top dress is a great option for people who might not normally wear any such type of dress. From loose fit to tight fit, this appealing dress comes in all varieties.
There are plenty of reasons people might not want to wear a dress, and the tank top dress is a great alternative for anyone who feels uncomfortable wearing a dress for whatever reason.
The tank top dress trend is here to stay, and I’m excited to see what new variations are made with it in the coming years. In the meantime, I’d recommend you try out this trend as soon as possible, so you can see what all the hype is about. Whether you choose to wear it to work, to a formal event, or on a casual day out with friends, we’re sure you’ll love this trend as much as we do!
If you want to look stylish this summer, don’t be afraid of the tank top dress trend. Instead, embrace it and all the possibilities it has to offer. With the right outfit, you can easily look and feel fabulous at any time of the year.